In compliance with Oklahoma’s Open Up and Recover Safely (OURS) Plan (revised May 28, 2020), Governor Stitts’ Executive Order 2020-20, filed May 30, 2020, and the Oklahoma Supreme Court’s and Court of Criminal Appeals’ Joint Order, SCAD 2020-36, the TCJ will begin to allow in person non-contact attorney visitation, beginning June 2, 2020 by following the same health procedures and screening that TCJ staff adhere to.
- Attorneys will wear a protective mask while on the property of the TCJ.
- A health screening questionnaire will be completed by all attorneys desiring in person non-contact visitation with clients in the TCJ. Staff guidelines will be adhered to regarding entry to the TCJ. Attorneys will positively state they show no symptoms of the COVID-19 virus.
- Attorney’s temperature will be taken with a touch-less infrared thermometer and temperatures above 100 degrees F will NOT be permitted entry to the TCJ visitation area.
- Hand washing is strongly encouraged upon entering the TCJ.
- The area of the attorney/client non-contact visitation will be cleaned and disinfected by TCJ staff.
- The attorney will spray touched surfaces with an EPA approved product for disinfectant purposes supplied by the TCJ upon leaving the attorney/client non-contact visitation area per TCJ posted instructions.
- In person non-contact attorney visitation will be available at the TCJ from 8 am – 4:30 pm, for a 25-minute visit per inmate/detainee. Times for visitation can be scheduled by emailing Corporal Brown at firstname.lastname@example.org and listing the inmates name and the time you’d like to visit. Emails must be received by 2:00 pm the day before your intended visit, this will allow the TCJ to complete scheduling requirements.
The TCJ administration will maintain and revise our in person non-contact attorney visitation policy, in consultation with Turn Key medical staff and the Tulsa City-County Health Department, based on the prevalence of community spread and the number of suspected or confirmed COVID-19 patients in the facility.