The Oklahoma Open Records Act gives you the right to access government records. All government information is presumed to be available to the public, with certain exceptions. In accordance with Open Records Act 51 O.S. §§ 24A.1 et seq. governmental bodies within the state of Oklahoma shall release requested information as promptly as possible, unless the information is exempt from disclosure.
Crime victims are entitled to one free copy of their incident report. Additional report copies are subject to established fees. The victim must appear in person and provide an acceptable form of identity verification.
THESE ARE THE METHODS FOR MAKING AN OPEN RECORDS REQUEST.
- Written: The Open Records Act does not require requests to be written, however it is preferred that all requests be submitted in writing and mailed to the TCSO Public Information Officer, 303 West 1st Street, Tulsa, Oklahoma 74103.
- In Person: Open Records requests may be made in person at the Faulkner Building, located at 303 West 1st Street, Tulsa, Oklahoma. TCSO Public Services personnel will be available Monday through Friday, from 8:00am to 11:30am, and from 12:30pm to 4:00pm, excluding Tulsa County holidays.
- Email: Members of the public and media may submit their requests via email to the TCSO Public Information Officer at email@example.com.
The request should describe the record(s) requested, state if the request is for business or personal use, indicate the name of the person making the request, and include a mailing address and telephone number for the requestor.
To download open records request form Click Here
Tulsa County Sheriff’s Office Social Media Policy
TCSO Social Media Policy; Posted Comments will be monitored and the Sheriff’s Office reserves the right to remove obscenities, off-topic comments and personal attacks.
Unless a request for Open Records is exempt from fees, as defined in Open Records Act 51 O.S. § 24 A.5, the Tulsa County Sheriff’s Office will utilize the fee schedule set by the Tulsa County Clerk’s Office to determine the charges for copies of public records.
- Paper (single-sided, black and white, 8½ x 14 or smaller) – $0.25 per page
- Certified Copy (single-sided, black and white, 8½ x 14 or smaller) – $1.00 each
- DVD – $1.00 each
- Audio cassette – $1.00 each
- Other Digital Media – the cost of the product
(charged in 15 minute increments)
- Personnel time for locating, compiling and reproducing records – $20.00 per hour ($5.00 per quarter hour)
- Technology Services – $32.00 per hour ($8.00 per quarter hour)
Mailing Address for Requests
- Tulsa County Sheriff’s Office
Public Information Officer
303 West 1st Street
Tulsa, OK 74103