TCSO is currently accepting applications for the non-exempt position of Detention Officer
Starting Salary – $2453.00 per month ($14.15 per hour)
No experience required – training provided!
Job / Position Details:
Detention Officers are responsible for the custody and control of prisoners in the David L. Moss Criminal Justice Center, maintaining their security during their time of incarceration and assuming responsibility for all their needs during detention while utilizing the principles of Direct Supervision. View full job description.
- Paid vacation and holidays
- Education Incentive Pay
- Three weeks of vacation after one year
- Health, dental and life insurance
- Tuition reimbursement
- Paid Retirement Plan
Candidates must successfully pass a written test, a physical examination, drug testing, a background investigation and an interview screening process.
- At least 18 years of age
- Authorized to work in the U.S.A.
- Have a high school diploma or a general education degree (G.E.D.)
- A valid Oklahoma driver’s license and liability insurance
- Good vision – distance vision correctable to 20/20 in each eye
- Preference given to multilingual candidates
Applications from persons who have felony convictions, pending criminal charges or are on probation will not be considered.
An equal opportunity drug free workplace employer
How to Apply
Apply in person – Monday through Friday, between 8:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. at the Faulkner Building.
Printable Employment Application -Download a PDF document to be completed by hand, with this link.
Tulsa County Sheriff’s Office
Dave Faulkner Building
303 W. 1st Street
Tulsa, Oklahoma 74103