In an emergency CALL 911

Home Employment News Auction Lists Cold Cases Contact Us

Tulsa County Sheriff’s Office

TCSO Civil Service

Tulsa County Courthouse

Civil Desk Location

The Tulsa County Sheriff’s Office Civil Desk is located in the Tulsa County Courthouse at 500 South Denver in Tulsa, Oklahoma.

The Civil Desk is situated on the west end of the north side of the courthouse building, on the first floor.

The TCSO Civil Desk is open to the public Monday through Friday (excluding holidays) from 8:00am to 5:00pm.

Civil Service in Tulsa County

The TCSO Civil Unit is responsible for serving civil process and execution of writs. These judicial documents originate from various state courts, government agencies and private attorneys throughout the United States.

The Civil Desk initially receives, then enters and assigns the civil process papers to deputies. The Civil Desk also processes foreclosures from the initial filing stages through the final auction stage of foreclosed properties.

  1. The Civil Desk requires an original and a service copy of the paperwork you are requesting to be served.
  2. The document must include the name of the person being served and service address.
  3. Service fee is $50.00 per paper.
  4. If you require service return information, you will need to include a stamped, self-addressed envelope with your paperwork.
  5. To check on the status of your document you can call 918-596-5663.

Emergency Protective Orders


You can file for an emergency protective order ("EPO") in Tulsa County if:

For domestic and family violence, sexual assault, stalking and teen dating violence, you should file for a Emergency Protective Order at the Family Safety Center.

If you have a relationship with the offender...

You can seek legal protection from acts of domestic abuse committed by a "family or household member" against you or your minor child. This means you can seek protection from:

If your abuser is not a "family or household member" under this definition, you may be eligible for a Stalking Protective Order.

A "stalking protection order" is a civil court order that is designed to protect you from a stalker by ordering him/her to stop following you and threatening you. Even though you use the same petition as a protective order for domestic abuse to file for a stalking order, you do not need to have a "family or household member" relationship with the stalker in order to file for a protection order against him/her, although if you do have that type of relationship, you could still apply for this order.

Paperwork for the Emergency Protective Order must be completed no later than 1:00pm for same day hearings; hearings take place at 2:00pm. If you arrive after 1:00pm, you may still complete the paperwork, but you will need to come back the following day for the actual hearing. If you have questions, you can call the Family Safety Center directly at (918) 742-7480.

If you are needing to file an Emergency Protective Order against a person who does not meet the relationship criteria (listed above), you will need to go to the Family Relations desk on the second floor of the Tulsa County courthouse, between 8:30am and 1:00pm. The court clerks will assist you in completing the paperwork.

Things to know about emergency protective orders:

Back to top of page...

Eviction Procedure

Evictions in Oklahoma are regulated by the Landlord and Tenant Act, (Okla. Stat. Ann. tit. 41, §§101-136) which provides the rules for both landlords and tenants to follow. Landlords can only evict tenants after receiving a court order. Before filing an eviction lawsuit, also known as a forcible entry and detainer action, the landlord must provide notice to the tenant. The notice requirements for nonpayment of rent are different from the notice requirements for lease violations.

Step1 - The landlord must provide the tenant or occupant with a notice as to why they are being evicted.

A simple notice is sufficient; you don’t have to notarize the notice or write it on a special form. Explain in the notice the reason for termination and recourse if it’s regarding non-rental payment. For a breach of rental agreement in which there is no cure to the problem, wait for the prescribed time to expire before filing an eviction complaint with the civil court.

If you are requesting payment of a monetary amount, you are required to mail the tenant a copy of the notice as to why you are evicting them via Certified Mail, as well as posting a copy on the door.

After the paperwork has been filed through the court system, it must be hand delivered. This can slow down the process, delaying getting them removed, if they will not answer the door. Also note that the defendant can’t be evicted if you accept money owed or make arraignments after giving them notice, or if you agree not to seek an eviction.

Step 2 - A landlord must file and serve a Summons and Complaint in Forcible Entry and Detainer as the next step in the Oklahoma eviction process.

After the prescribed time has passed, if the tenant has not moved, you will need to file suit in small claims court. A landlord can request damages in this action such as past due rent or costs of repair, court costs and attorney’s fees along with possession but can only collect monetary damages if the tenant is personally served. Indicate the reason you want the tenant to move out in the eviction complaint. Furnish a copy of the written notice you served on the tenant and or certified mailed to them, to the Small Claims Court Clerk, on the second floor of the Tulsa County courthouse.

You will be given a court date. Return on that date to plead your case to the judge. The tenant will be served the summons by a Deputy Sheriff once you have successfully filed with the court

Step 3 - File an Execution

After the hearing takes place, and if you are granted possession of the residence, you will proceed to the Small Claims Desk on the second floor of the Tulsa County Courthouse. That is where you will request to file an Execution.

After filing the paperwork, a Deputy Sheriff will be assigned to post the Eviction Notice at the residence or business. Once it has been posted, State Law requires a minimum of 48 hours be given to any and all occupants, before they will be removed.

The Deputy Sheriff that is assigned the paperwork will contact the person listed on the instruction sheet to notify them that it has been posted and set a time and date to meet at the location to complete the eviction.

At the time of eviction, you or your representative will need to meet the Deputy Sheriff to take physical control of the property. Be prepared to change locks and secure windows at that time. The Deputy Sheriff will remove any persons still on the property at that time. Any property of value, left in the residence will need to be stored for thirty (30) days. The property can be stored on site or moved to a storage facility.

Once these steps are complete the property will be yours to do with as you will.


Per Title 41 O.S. 111, the Landlord and Tenant Act shall not apply if an occupant ‘has no rental agreement with the landlord’ and the landlord has not consented to the occupancy. An occupant who ‘fails to comply’ with a ‘demand to vacate’ shall be guilty of trespass. The landlord does not have to ‘commence eviction proceedings. Once you tell them to vacate and they refuse, it becomes a criminal matter, not a civil matter, call your local law enforcement agency and have them remove them from your property.

Property auction lists and information has been moved to a new page. Foreclosure Auction page

Back to top of page...

Privacy and Disclaimer Information